Saturday, November 17, 2007

AHHHH!!! You cant do anything anymore..........

I just attempted to send Dad money....using Western Union Money transfer online. I figured that it would be easier to do than going to the bank..pulling out cash then going to the store...all during lunch...so yesterday I got online and went to complete the transaction. At the end it popped up saying I needed to complete some extra crap and to call 1(877) wesuckrealbad so....I finally did this morning... They ask some basic info...then they wanted to know crap that know one would know. Like:

You got a student loan in the past... who was or is it through? Then they say a name I don't recognize..cause I have no clue who originally had it...only who now has it.

You has someone rooming with you currently or in the past...then some name I didn't recognize..

You worked with one or more of the following employers match them up (whatever that meant).

Five questions went like this... I only recognized one..and that was on of my employers...
So out of five questions I only recognize one answer...HOW STUPID. You want to verify my identity by asking question that I don't know the answer to...
Issues with this philosophy:
1. Loans are usually carried by multiple corporations and bought and sold often...how in the hell am I to know unless I get at least one bill...sometimes the bill you get is a sub-corporation even though the owner is someone else. BAD QUESTION
2. Employers many times have parent corporations and so you might have worked for said company...but tell them 'NO' since the company that you 'knew' you worked for was a different name.
3. The name of who might have lived with me...sounded like a prior resident to a place we had rented in Logan...makes me wonder if someone lived previously in the same location...and didn't change their address...so on whatever dumb ass company holds this data...it shows you living at same address as person you never met... (just a theory..but potential problem)

Frustrating..now I gotta go to the store and have now wasted more time than I originally would have. It would be more prudent to ask questions that we know the answer to..
I have run into this before..usually it was to verify my identity when pulling a credit report...EVERY TIME i get them wrong...EVERY TIME. I have know done test like this around 6 times. So why are they still used? Even Bean didn't get his right when he was living with me....and was pulling his credit report.
I just don't know why I needed it for Western Union... I don't use it for any other online transaction...why Western Union?
ARGHHHHH!!!!

8 comments:

TooSure said...

ha ha, too bad i still dont have that bank account....i think that i had you come from logan once you sign some paper to say that you wouldnt be joint anymore...i am not sure....to answer your questions earlier...Nate and i have been in our new ward for about a good month and still havent met the bishop...so we are planning to meet with this bishop to talk with him a bit, then we will be calling the temple...bountiful temple and set up a date...we are pretty sure that it will be January 19th...so we will be still married on the same day....i would love it if you guys all came....i didnt know that you could even ride trains anymore....how far does it go? did you type train but meant to say bus?

Bloo Ruin said...

nope..typed train cause I meant it.

See here. It only would cost around $800...a plane...would be well...depending but at Delta we are looking at $900..dont know yet...bus would be way cheap..but if we are going to be on the roads that time of year might as well drive ourselves.

Bloo Ruin said...

meant to say Train not Plane

Anonymous said...

SO SAD BUT TRUE that banks and total strangers know more about ourselves then we do.

Hot MMMama said...

Thought that was too funny, all the crazy questions they kept asking you, Jon,.... it really is you right? I mean, if you don't know the answers, you could be impersonating you, have you asked yourself any verification questions? See if you know how to spell your last name correctly, or even pronounce it right? Used that on some solicitors who were trying to be all nonchalant and ask for me on the phone... they could never pronounce it right, that used to trip 'em up good back in the day...
You should ask yourself that, and ask yourself what we used to do to get money from the tooth fairy? See if you know the answer to that one? Told that story to my oldest, who incidently, is running out of teeth to leave under her pillow, and she thinks you are a genius! Course, she now thinks I am a mean mom cause I wouldn't let her do it... oh, well, she's probably right.

Well, in the end, it is way too lame that they asked you such odd questions... kind of makes you feel lame when you can't answer a simple test like that, I guess it's kinda like I feel when I can't enter the right letter verification to leave a comment on your "This blog does not allow anonymous comments" block! LOL

Hot MMMama said...

** Please refer to Bloo Ruin's Personal blog, and attempt to "Leave a comment" to fully understand the meaning of the final paragraph on preceding comment.

*DISCLAIMER-
Reading Bloo Ruin's Personal blog may cause:

Shortness of breath, lack of appetite, nausea, short term memory loss, fear of crowded places, dizziness, painful urination, urge to eat frozen turkey's...whole, chest pains, rapid heart rate....
oh, never mind. Go read it if you want, it's kind of interesting.... go on... it's open to the public you know.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the warning. I'll never used western union now.
there's got to be a better way- what a joke. What were you sending Dad money for?

TooSure said...

dad was doing some work on their house in logan