Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Interview...............

Wow...what a rough day that was.

Although my first interview wasn't until 9am, I had to get up at the same time since the commute to Redmond is way easier in the morning.

The first was relatively easy (as it was just the recruiter getting some basic info and screening just in case I was a complete idiot with a cool resume).

After that they got progressively more difficult. All in all the majority of my day went pretty well...but I was definitely drained as it was coming to an end.

My last interview was the one I dreaded as everyone told me that this particular person was hard on the interviewee. I was a bit nervous upon entering...all I can say is WOW!..it was rough.

This interviewer is a friend of mine as well...so it was weird seeing him in this light. He has been a narcotics officer and a regular cop in his past with FBI training on interrogation techniques. There was not doubt he was using this knowledge.

I was asked some pretty in depth questions..including some I really did not like to answer as they specifically requested me to dump on others in my team to validate my bid for the posistion.

Now...what really became difficult was when he began to take each weak response and tear it apart...bit...by bit...by bit. I was almost speechless cause when someone says to you ... "well if you are a leader on your team...why is it that this occurred...or that (referring to incidents that could have been eradicated if I was already a leader (of sorts) in the team).

I tell you this was tough.

All and all I think I did pretty well. There may be one more interview if a decision needs to be made by his superior based on a 'tie' or something.

definately a mentally exhausting day. Appreciate all your support...probably kept me from passing out from pure brain drain.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

man..that gave me an anxiety attack just reading it! Im so glad you told us about it tho- we were sending good vibes your way at least.
So why do they have to be so ridiculously in attack mode? I guess they need to see how you might respond under pressure but geeeez.

cjmom said...

Wow, they don't make it too easy do they. But I guess that is how the real world works. We will keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Any news yet???

TooSure said...

Let us know how it goes... i am really excited for you!

christianne said...

Thanks for telling us about it. My goodness! Do you think tracting on your mission prepared you for any of the interview...or what about times when your mom's "eyes in the back of her head" had busted you. Did any of that prep you?!!! hehee

samuraijack said...

interrogations can be tough but i'm sure you passed with flying colors just because they tear apart your validaty means nothing its when you stumble and start making excuses that they really come crashing down. just remember this, in any givin interview if your right "your right" and never back down. sad thing is that never helps you hold the job only helps you get the job