Wednesday, March 5, 2008

La...la...lala laa....la laaaaaaa!

Well..Google did it again. Made something that I like. There was already a third party tool that performed the following function..but it only worked one way.

You can now sync your Outlook calendar with your Google calendar! It will even work both ways! So if you schedule something at home...then later you are away from home and schedule it in Google calendar. You can sync the two calendars. You can do this both directions...or just from Google to Outlook...or from Outlook to Google. The software I had used previously would only take from your Outlook and push it to your Google.

This is a brand new function so at this time it will only sync to your primary Google calendar and to your default Outlook calendar. Of course you could easily work around this if you have a laptop by using the laptop for one Outlook setup (i.e. work) and Desktop for you other Outlook setup. Probably would have to use separate Google calendars in this workaround. Hmm? let the testing begin!!

7 comments:

Hot MMMama said...

But can I use it with iCal and my Tungsten Palm?

Oh, and Money Bags....speaking of calendars, I haven't checked today, but can I access Foxfyre Dreamers yet? Thanks Man.

Anonymous said...

beddy beddy coool. I don't use outlook but if I did, I would totally use this feature. Way cool..money bags. Its better than joe-bags. (mike birbiglia joke)

Bloo Ruin said...

As of yet it works with the Iphone..but I am pretty sure it will soon sync to most any calendar.
Regarding the foxfyre site..I sent you an invite long time ago. I will resend it..you have to accept and become an author on the blog as that is how I set it up.

Foxfyre said...

Ok..not sure as to what you mean about the calendar. You are setup as someone who can view and add events. I misunderstood at first..thats why I mention the blog in the above post.
So hard to keep track of who I log in as..am I foxfyre? blooruin? krackedup? aahhahahhahha

Anonymous said...

Are you working at Microsoft yet? I couldn't remember if you said the 11th or the 15th..the 11th makes more sense since its a week start but anyway..just wondering...
Im singing in that huge choir thing (why I was busy this Sunday and we didnt go to the dinner again at Simmons) and I will be again this Sunday at the 12 and Pearl bldg- 7:30. If you don't want to listen to the whole thing (lots of classical music), just come later..Im only in the last 2 numbers and they are so cool they will BLOW YOU OUT OF YOUR SEAT...Im not kidding so stop laughing..I know you're already coming up with a good comment..haha

Faminy o Chaos said...

March 17th I start.
No cool comment. You ruined my mojo by creating expectations. LOL

Anonymous said...

the comment is still funny..hahaha