Sunday, March 16, 2008

Convert .MOV to .AVI and post

I don't have much need of this myself since our camera records to .MPG which blogger accepts. But if your camera records to .MOV format then you would need to convert to one of the accepted formats.
I only had one .MOV file on my pc to tamper with and its a teaser for a game that came out recently (or is coming out).
First I found an .MOV to .AVI converter that I thought looked decent and would be free. I found Apex Video Converter for free and if you purchase it you have more options. Download it here

Then I installed the file clicked the Open tab..found my file..left all settings at default and clicked the convert tab (top middle).
There are settings you can change...but with the free version not much. Not bad for the free version though.
Then you just click your insert video icon like normal and grab the converted file. By the way this file started out as a 49mb file. It is now only 11mb...I have yet to locate the program I have used in the past to take a clip of a larger file. I will edit this post when found.
Blogger will let you upload up to 100mb of video using the web based up-loader that is part of you posting tools....thats a lot in .AVI format. But it does take a while for blogger to render it into the format they need 'after' it finishes uploading.



There is also this page that is very useful in lots of layout information. (including video posting using other sources like youtube)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so cool! Im going to download that now. The only way I could figure out how to do it on my comp. was to make a movie (thats why I decided to add a title) and save it to my computer. This way, I don't think I'll need to chew up as much space..which Im low on right now.So very cool, I knew you could find something useful. I tried finding one on my own but I didn't know which one was best. Fun little video you found too. Doesn't Nathaniel do that kind of gaming?

Faminy o Chaos said...

yes..he does. I do as well. In fact I have that video cause I was signing up to join the Beta test..but didn't get on.
I don't know if this software really is the best..but it seems the best I could find in one day of checking around.

Hot MMMama! said...

I really wish I could wrap my feeble mind around all the computer jargon... but nothing makes me feel old and lame like all this computer stuff to try and keep up with. I am just lucky my cameras take video that blogger likes too.
And luckier that when I get all gummed up on the computer confusion... I can go running to you big brother!

Thanks for keeping us current, and for helping me when I am not!

THE BULLOCK FAMILY said...

Hey Jon what's up????????
You are so smart when it comes to computers!! Want to fix mine again?